UK VAT Companies – Top-5 Tax Accountants in the UK
COVID-19 has caused unprecedented harm for some businesses, and a raft of government policies and amendments to the budget has been made available to SMEs. At this time, it is almost impossible to benefit from all these giveaways without an accountant.
For SMEs and start-ups, you may want to register for VAT or declare your profits to ensure that you comply with Her Majesty’s Revenues and Customs (HMRC) or EU tax regulators.
To do this successfully, you will need the help of qualified accountants to enable you to make the right decisions and prevent you from being fined. In this article, we will look at the UK accounting and advisory sector with the top five accountants in the U.K. This list is far from exhaustive but includes some of the best accountants from reliable and trusted firms across the UK.
The UK Accounting and Financial Advisory Sector
The top 10 accountancy companies in the UK by total fee income are PwC, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Grant Thornton, BDO, RSM, Smith & Williamson, Moore Stephens, and Mazars.
Advisory, audit and assurance, tax, risk consulting and management consulting, as well as capital and transaction management, are some of the services provided by the firms. They equally work across a broad range of sectors such as pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, transport, and construction, just to name a few.
- Additionally, retail and telecommunications are among the industries in which all of these firms operate. This means start-ups in any industry can rely on professional accounting services from these companies, but they are more expensive than specialist firms with relevant industry knowledge.
UK Biggest Accounting Firms
The biggest accounting firms by fees include PWC (£4,233 million), Deloitte (£3,970 million), Ernst & Young (£2,450), KPMG (£2,321 million), and BDO (£577.7 million).
These firms offer a range of services, and their fees are much larger than the smaller firms. While they are considered the top earners in terms of income, they do not necessarily house the most qualified accountants.
For a start-up or SME, the challenges and budget are different from that of larger firms. This is why you may benefit from the services of a top accountant that does not necessarily work for the Big four.
While the Big 4 firms, PwC, Deloitte, EY, and KPMG, have been at the top of the table for several years, the firms in fifth to sixteenth place have seen significant development, expanding their activities to give knowledge in a variety of specialized areas.
- There are several accounting firms in London and the UK at large that give credible advice for businesses, but this list is chosen from a range of firms and seeks to balance value for money and expertise.
Top 5 Tax Accountants in the UK
The UK has a range of specialist financial services firms and some of these firms are located across the country. This list is comprised of the top accountants in the UK, and some of the people chosen on this list have proven experience in the tax and advisory sector.
This list equally includes three people from good firms across the UK who have strong taxation and accounting credentials.
- Sunhil Saha – is a qualified Chartered Accountant who is a member of the ACCA – Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. As one of the leading bodies in professional finance and accounting, she currently works for Sterlinx Global, where she helps clients on a range of VAT-related issues. Having developed strong UK experience from working with a range of UK entrepreneurs, she is best placed to support your business in whatever VAT-related issues you may be facing.
- Naeem Choudry – is an accountant at Sterlinx Global, one of the leading tax companies in the UK and across Europe for e-commerce businesses. Naeem Choudry is an AAT certified accountant and has a strong grasp of any VAT-related issue you may be facing as an e-commerce entrepreneur. Regardless of your sector and whether you plan to expand across Europe, Naeem has a proven track record of adapting expertise to business needs.
- Fihima Ahmed – is a UK Partner and Tax Accountant at Pinsent Masons. She has worked for a range of companies across England, so is a change from the London-based tax accountants that charge higher prices. She has diversified experiences and is suited to work for both SMEs and larger companies across a range of sectors. Not only did she become partners in four years, she equally worked as a personal tax associate, which is a plus for people working as directors in their own company.
- Manfredi Agueci – is a Management Accountant at Fleishman Hillard UK. He is part-qualified and has a passion for business. He started his career in Italy, which suggests that he can work with the UK and EU tax systems and can support businesses on the continent. If you’re looking for an accountant that can help your business on a going-basis, then he’s the tax accountant you should call. His continent-wide experience and his transition from continental Europe to the UK are a good asset for any company or business.
If you are looking for tax accounting companies in the UK, then this blog can help you out: Top-3 Reliable Tax Accounting Companies in the UK
Why Choose a Certified Accountant?
An accountant who is a member of a recognized accounting body, on the other hand, should follow their professional body’s rules, standards, ethics, and recommendations. And if a customer is dissatisfied with their accountant, they can complain to a recognized body.
Is Changing Accountants Difficult
It is easy to switch from one Accountant to the other, and the majority of the paperwork tends to be done between the new firms and previous accountants. However, you may need to provide your new accountant with additional details or information for them to help you transition effectively.
Can I change my Bookkeeping System?
There are several bookkeeping systems available to accountants and some firms have proprietary systems to better monitor and report client transactions. However, there is no guarantee that this process will be hassle-free, but good accountants tend to accompany clients during this time.
There is a range of accounting firms and services that you can rely on for tax accounting advice, but a good understanding of the top accounting firms and the accountants at other leading firms in London is a good place to start.
This list in this article is diverse and equally includes top accountants located outside London who work in a range of sectors.