Marketers Most Common Problems – Common Problems eCommerce Sellers Face In Their Day-to-Day Routine
Online selling is a convenient way to shop without waiting in the queue in physical stores. According to studies, 81 percent of shoppers spend time in online research before adding the item to their cart. The availability of online sources influences the purchase behavior of customers.
Fifty-eight percent of sellers stop purchasing in a company that delivers poor customer service. If you plan to sell your products online, you have to prepare yourself for daily challenges.
This article will give you insights into the common problems that online sellers face in their daily grind. Continue reading on how to beat them.
Common Problems eCommerce Sellers Face that you should to beat
Every eCommerce seller must contend with the common problems they face in their daily routine. To survive in the competition, you must know how to manage the situation and find solutions.
1. Breach of Data Security – Cyber-attack is a crime punishable by law. However, your business is in jeopardy if hackers steal your data and files. You cannot afford to stop your sales and operation if one day your data security is violated. You are in a marketplace to grow your income, and keeping your data safe should be your priority.
Ask an expert to get your business secured by having a reliable cyber security framework. You have peace of mind once you know how to counteract cyber-attacks. A response plan to face ransomware attacks is vital to help minimize downtime in your operation. Secure your data and files to continue servicing your customers.
2. Finding the Product Market Fit – Every ecommerce seller should look for the right market and product to sell to succeed in their business. A product-market fit is the level of satisfaction that your product offers to market demand. When making a draft for your business plan, you have to create a product that solves your existing problem. Ask yourself what problems you have now.
Looking for the best place to sell your product starts with your target market. Once it sells, you should understand your customers and look for people who need this kind of product. Running Facebook ads can help locate your target market.
3. Facing Your Competitor – Competition is everywhere. The best method of beating your competitors is to set a realistic pricing scheme that is affordable to customers but gives you profit. Sellers should keep up with competitive service, products, and pricing.
Your company should offer a unique value scheme that shoppers cannot find elsewhere. Millions of sellers are using the eCommerce marketplace to showcase their products and services. You have to stand out from among your competitors by attracting shoppers to visit your store.
Optimizing your website and making it look professional is one of the steps to overcome competition.
4. Shopper Experience – Your challenge is how to give a happy customer experience when selling your products on an eCommerce platform. Treat online shoppers similarly when entertaining a customer in a physical store.
Answering your online customers in their queries should come from your heart. Wear a smile while typing your messages to them. Have consistent pricing, product offerings, and services that leave your customers a lasting impression.
5. Online Visibility – Setting up a professional and optimized website converts into a purchase. Statistics say that only 1.94% of website visits led to conversion. The reason might be a poorly maintained website, or it is less visible in search results. This percentage is equivalent to 51 website visitors who will purchase a product.
- Sellers should conduct keyword research to show up their website on the front page of search results to help customers find them. Hire an SEO specialist to optimize your PPC ads and implement the best practices in search engine optimization. Invest a few dollars that lead to conversion.
- An attractive website and maximizing its content through SEO is vital to drive traffic and turning into conversion. Your website is easy to use, modern, virus-free, trustworthy, and clean.
6. Return & Refund Policy – One of the worst scenarios that eCommerce sellers face is when customers return their orders and ask for a refund. If you don’t have a clear return and refund policy, your business is doomed to failure. Customer satisfaction is on top of your priority if you want your product to stand out. Make sure that your ads reflect what your product is all about.
- Customers may find your advertisement misleading if the product does not meet their expectations. Tell them the pros and cons of the products. Do not hide anything that can mar your company’s image. Create a quick, smooth, and user-friendly return/refund policy. Make them feel at ease with your return/refund policy by not imposing strict guidelines. Implementing a “no return, no exchange” or “no return or refund policy” creates doubt to your customer.
7. Handling Fulfillment – Ecommerce Seller faces big problems on how to accommodate their customers when orders come after another. Placing all the responsibilities in packaging and delivery of orders eat your time. Untimely delivery could also cause a rift between you and your customers.
To prevent this scenario, you have to outsource the task from a third-party fulfillment company to have efficient customer service.
Increasing Your Sales
Making sales is every seller’s dream. After setting up a professional website and promoting your products on social media, your goal is to grow your sales. The secret to increasing your sales is to sell the right product at a fair and profitable price.
The brand should reflect the image of your company. Customers feel positive about your brand, and it speaks about them. Among the perks that can increase conversion include discount coupons and a user-friendly website.
Now that you know the common problems, you might be interested in knowing how to build awareness for your products. You can read more here: Ideal Marketplaces to Build Awareness About Your Products and Brand.
How should I target shoppers in a niche market?
Tell your shoppers what makes the niche unique and why they need to buy the product. Talk to them as if you are an expert. For example, you are selling drones. Discuss the excitement of flying a drone to capture beautiful sceneries and aerial imaging at a distance.
Why does my eCommerce store fail?
There are many reasons why your online store fails. You fail to conduct market research on finding the right product to sell and the right target audience. Your budget is too low to run for a PPC ad. You also put little time into making your website attractive and easy to navigate.
Do you have a suggestion on what are the products I should sell on eCommerce?
There are many products that you can choose to sell in your online store. Sell a product with high demand and fits the eCommerce platform. Some industries with good potential include food, drinks, fashion, clothing, construction, and industrial materials.
Online selling is a profitable business without having to worry about licenses and documents to get started. Being aware of the common problems that eCommerce sellers meet in their daily routine gives you an edge in the competition. By learning how to counteract the challenges, your sales perform better than your competitors.