Amazon Account Problems – Things You Should Never Do to Get Your Amazon Account Suspended
Do you sell on Amazon?
You’re probably aware that selling on Amazon is a great way to build your business. However, there are some things you should never do if you want to keep your account in good standing and avoid getting suspended.
The things that you should never do to get your Amazon account suspended.
If you don’t know what these are, read this article! We will tell you everything about the most common mistakes people make when they sell on Amazon so that it doesn’t happen to you. Don’t let yourself get caught by surprise! It could cost thousands of dollars in lost revenue and months of waiting for your account to be reinstated. Not worth it at all! Let us help prevent that from happening with our guide today. Here are the Amazon Account Problems that you should look out for.
- Do Not Upload Incorrect Documentation – Amazon will appreciate sellers who enter correct documentation. Upload photos and documents that are clear and properly scanned. Photos taken against the light are not acceptable.
All submitted papers should be readable and clear so that all information like your name, business name, and address reflect on your identification cards, bank statements, and passport. The discrepancies in your documents will result in your Amazon seller account suspension.
- Don’t Break the Rules– Amazon Sellers should follow the Amazon guidelines and policies to enjoy their selling experience. The guidelines are subject to changes as the company regularly updates them. Check your emails to see any updates, revisions, and notifications from Amazon. Amazon does not give you a warning; instead, it imposes their suspension once they find out any violation in your account. See to it that your contents are accurate and not deceptive.
- Don’t Publish Problematic Products – Verify the product that you are selling if it is authentic, genuine, and comes from a legitimate source. Always make a risk assessment and use good judgment before writing the contents on your seller page. It is better to sacrifice one product than to risk your credibility and reputation. Double-check all the product information before Amazon detects the misleading content.
- Avoid Products that Create Negative Feedbacks from Your Customers – Selling low-quality and fake products can ruin your business reputation. It leads to listing removal, low rating, warnings, and suspension of your account. Choose your product that satisfies and offers solutions to your customers.
- To test how the product fares in the market are to operate it by your target market. You will know how your target audience responds as the basis of its sales performance and product views.
- Avoid Delaying Your Response – Always look at the two sides of the situation by absorbing the information provided by your customers and Amazon related to your products, and respond immediately in a positive way. Keep abreast of the changes in the company policy, and don’t be complacent with a single sale. Always check your account a couple of times daily.
- Don’t Do Things at a Time – If you are selling many items, get someone to help you in this aspect. Outsourcing is the key to the success of your online business. With the stiff competition between Amazon sellers, there is a greater chance that you will be left behind if you do it alone.
Get help from specialists in areas that you lack knowledge. Your main goal asn an Amazon seller is to drive customers to view your products. The prices should be competitive to attract potential customers and win the Buy Box.
- Avoid Misusing the Keywords – Keyword stuffing is misused by some sellers thinking that it can attract customers, but it works differently. If you are paying for Pay-Per-Click, you will be wasting your money if the keywords are overloaded.
Amazon can detect it, and that can lead to an Amazon seller account suspension. Use relevant keywords and do not mislead the search engine. Avoid using filler words, redundant, incorrect spellings, time-sensitive, and brand names.
- Avoid Overlooking Sales Performance
Velocity suspensions could happen if there is a sudden sales increase of your product. Amazon’s algorithm detects this movement, even if you are unaware of its reasons. Slowing down your product sales is the best solution, but you can’t prevent shoppers from buying your products.
Send a Plan of Action on Amazon if it suspends your account. Wait for several days before sending them an appeal letter. Avoid bombarding them with multiple appeal letters.
Multiple Suspensions on Seller Account
More than nine million third-party sellers are generating a part of their income from Amazon. It could be devastating on your part that your seller account gets a suspension. Amazon does not hesitate to deactivate the sellers who do not adhere to their rules. Some of these sellers insist that they did not break the rules, but Amazon does not care.
According to a report that 70% of sellers had their first suspension, 15% had their second suspension, 9% had their third suspension, and 6% had their fourth suspension. Amazon reinstated the sellers, depending on their violations and their seller’s history.
About 20% reinstated within 24 hours, 20% within 25 to 48 hours, 50% within 3 to 4 days, and 30% within five days or more.
If you are completely new to Amazon, it’s best to check this blog out as well: Starting Business on Amazon: Top-5 Risks You Need to Avoid.
Should I get alarmed after receiving a performance notification flag?
There’s no reason to get scared as long as you are not violating Amazon policies. Fix the issue and maintain the metrics. The items should be in good shape before sending them to customers. Read the forums to learn from other sellers.
Do I still have a chance to come back from my account suspension on Amazon?
urn selling on Amazon provided you have not violated their rules, like selling inappropriate and counterfeit items. Submit a chain of title and a Plan of Action to remove your suspension.
I have just listed my products, but I can’t sell them. Should I appeal to Amazon?
As a new seller, your listings are in review, so you don’t need to appeal. All new members go through the same procedure. Submit all documents they need. Their reply takes from one month to 45 days.
You’ve worked hard to build your Amazon store. It takes time, patience and preparation-and you should never rush this process! Start with what is missing in your current listings by reviewing them for content, photos, documents and information.
Then once you have a better idea of the changes that need to be made, take the necessary steps to improve it before listing more products. Remember that running an Amazon business account requires being prepared at all times so don’t let up on investing in yourself or hiring help when needed!
We’ve compiled some helpful tips about how to run your Amazon business account successfully here: How to Run Amazon Business Account in a Profitable Way